About White Plains

Established in the eighteenth century, White Plains Farm is centrally located on the Northern Neck of Virginia. The property was recently added to the Virginia Landmarks Register and nominated to the National Register of Historic Places.

White Plains was initially formed by the Thornley Family who bought land throughout the eighteenth century, reaching at its peak nearly 1,100 acres. The current house at White Plains was confirmed through dendrochronological dating to have likely been built in 1786. Since that time, it has been preserved by many generations of caring stewards.